Friday, September 21, 2012

Play Dough Snowman Sculpting

I always have play dough out on the art shelf all throughout the year.  I make it fresh each month and dye it a different color according to the current season or holiday.  For January I dyed it light blue and put glitter in the water before mixing it all together to give it the shimmery, snow effect :)

Along with a roller, play dough knife, cookie cutters, etc. I put a small dish with 5 black beans, a small plastic carrot (from the school's practical life objects) and a coffee stir stick cut in half.  It has been very fun for them to create their own 3 dimensional snowman at work time!

My favorite play dough recipe
(From Miriam)
1 cup flour
1/2 cup salt
1 Tbs. cream of tarter
1 cup water (add dye in water and glitter if you like)  I like the Martha Stewart glitter the best!
1 Tbs. oil

Combine dry and mix in a sauce pan.
Add wet and mix over medium heat until it forms a round ball.
Take off heat and knead until it gets cool and to the right consistency you like.  (Usually about 5 minutes)

No comments:

Post a Comment